Monday, December 9, 2013

O Christmas Tree!

The Christmas season is a great time to reflect on all the fun you've had this year. Every year since we've been married, my husband and I make a list of our favorite memories from the past 12 months. Trips we've taken, inside jokes, and fun times with friends and family always make it on our list. I then put our favorite memories on a Christmas ornament.  Looking back year after year, we can remember all the joys that have filled our lives, both big and small. This year I used a wooden ornament from AC Moore, painted it in high gloss, and added our memories with metallic Sharpies. The silver writing is difficult to see in this photo, but it really shines on the tree!


Here is a quick look at our ornament from 2012. To create this, I simply used a ceramic Christmas ball and Sharpie markers. After writing all my memories, I baked the ceramic ornament at 375 degrees for 20 minutes to set the marker. Viola! Memories to enjoy for years to come!



What kind of Christmas decorating traditions do you have in your family?

No comments:

Post a Comment